My Nankin Bantam chicks

I thought I had three little pullets, well today I discovered I had three little cockerels.🤣 hopefully I get pullets from Connie in the spring.😊

I put my new leg bands on two of them, one I didn't because it's legs are to small right now. 😁
Three little boys? I guess that's the penalty for hoping that you get a cockerel with the deep red color ... Zheesh! Murphy (of Murphy's Law) is working overtime! Post some new picks of your youngsters. Unless they're actually crowing, you may still be okay ... fingers crossed! :fl

Three little boys? I guess that's the penalty for hoping that you get a cockerel with the deep red color ... Zheesh! Murphy (of Murphy's Law) is working overtime! Post some new picks of your youngsters. Unless they're actually crowing, you may still be okay ... fingers crossed! :fl
I might not be able to get close ups but I will try. At least not today, because they're out free ranging right now. They all have hackles, wattles, AND spurs!? I guess I think it's weird they have spurs because they're so tiny. 2 I know are cockerels but one I'm not sure about yet.

I might not be able to get close ups but I will try. At least not today, because they're out free ranging right now. They all have hackles, wattles, AND spurs!? I guess I think it's weird they have spurs because they're so tiny. 2 I know are cockerels but one I'm not sure about yet.
None of them are crowing yet though :)

Fingers crossed that #3 is pink, not blue ...

Fingers crossed that #3 is pink, not blue ...
#1 & #2
IMG_9242.JPG IMG_9248.JPG
IMG_9259.JPG IMG_9256.JPG IMG_9284.JPG

#3. Just ignore that nasty pox ;)
IMG_9253.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG IMG_9276.JPG IMG_9279.JPG
IMG_9282.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9259.JPG
    IMG_9259.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 1
All chicks have spur nubs. It's just that roosters grow spurs in more often and it's pretty rare for hens to grow in spurs but they still live with the nubs. They look like normal spur nubs to me. I know nothing about sexing nankin bantams so you should just ignore me if you already know this!;) They are super adorable though!!😁😍

All chicks have spur nubs. It's just that roosters grow spurs in more often and it's pretty rare for hens to grow in spurs but they still live with the nubs. They look like normal spur nubs to me. I know nothing about sexing nankin bantams so you should just ignore me if you already know this!;) They are super adorable though!!😁😍
I think they're all roos though. Hackles, wattles, #3 doesn't really have the comb or wattles, but it has hackles. The spurs maybe have nothing to do with it, but I think it's the rooster spurs coming in. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom