My Nankin Bantam chicks

#3 still looks "pink" to me. Those tiny nubs are like a male mammal's nipples - not always noticable, but normal. There's no real color in the plumage beyond the tail patch and the wattles are negligible.
I'm still on a limb about one of the first set (the ones labeled #1 and 2,) but the first two pics look hen-colored to me. The last pic in that 1-2 bunch looks like a male. The wattles are rounder and more pronounced. If they're pushing 8 weeks old, you should see some greeny-black showing up in the tail, by now. It's hard to tell from the pics.
Zheesh, it's so hard to get good pics when the little buggers keep moving around! And Nannies can be deceptive. In the past five years, I've had two sure-fire "pullets" start crowing on me and a "cockerel" who turned out to be one of my best layers ... Go figure!
:idunno

Nankin gender reveal!!! :D

both pullets! This one is the better one of the two. I think. I can post pics of the other one later. :) (And yeah she is in my house in these photos 🤣 just ignore the pair of shorts :oops: )
IMG_20211014_131310297.jpg IMG_20211014_131412973.jpg IMG_20211014_131438725.jpg Untitled8_20211014131957.png

Back
Top Bottom