My Nankin Bantam chicks

Nankin baby #1
IMG_20211026_113128603.jpg

Nankin baby #2
IMG_20211026_113151049.jpg

Still outrageously tiny! šŸ˜‚ Is it normal for Nankins to be really muscular? Mine hardly eat anything, I feed them flock raiser and they free range and they're like body builder chickens! šŸ˜…šŸ˜…View attachment 2917665
Fat and happy! I just lost my best layer and my tiniest hen and nearly lost my youngest rooster. I'm not sure what did them in, but I've fully cleaned the coop and treated everyone for mites and all sorts of other fun things, just to cover all the bases. If I don't see a marked inmprovement in the next few days, I'll be taking a stool sample to the vet for a float test. I don't want to treat for worms unless I know they have them, and if they do, what type. And I got into chickens, why? Do I remember calling it "fun?" Zheesh!

Fat and happy! I just lost my best layer and my tiniest hen and nearly lost my youngest rooster. I'm not sure what did them in, but I've fully cleaned the coop and treated everyone for mites and all sorts of other fun things, just to cover all the bases. If I don't see a marked inmprovement in the next few days, I'll be taking a stool sample to the vet for a float test. I don't want to treat for worms unless I know they have them, and if they do, what type. And I got into chickens, why? Do I remember calling it "fun?" Zheesh!
Oh no! I hope it's nothing super bad...that is so strange. šŸ˜¢ Hopefully the rest of the flock remains healthy. :hugs

Oh no! I hope it's nothing super bad...that is so strange. šŸ˜¢ Hopefully the rest of the flock remains healthy. :hugs
Thanks! So far, so good. The Colonel is much improved and is now back in the coop with the rest of the crew. I did get a bonus ... sortof ... while cleaning out the coop. I found almost two dozen eggs buried in the deep litter. All within a couple of hops of the nesting boxes. Really, Ladies?

Back
Top Bottom