My neighbor hatched my eggs!

Cryss

Eggcentric
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Northwest New Jersey
A family bought the next door house last spring because they knew we wouldn’t be bothered by roosters and hens noise. Lol they raise an exotic breed that lays eggs the size of quail eggs. The wife is fed up trying to cook teensy weensy eggs. My ladies lay large, extra large, and jumbo eggs except for my Blue Wheaten Ameracaunas. She asked if she could have some of my eggs to hatch for her own flock. I gave her about 14 I think. I asked if I could have 3 specific ones of them in exchange if they were pullets. If not could I get a processed cockerel or two? Yesterday the first one hatched! It’s one I asked for! Crossing my fingers it’s a pullet. Can’t wait to see how the rest do!

fun! do you know what breed that lays the teensy weensy eggs?
The husband is from the Dominican Republic. It’s a breed from there. He has had a real learning experience with them in New Jersey snows and wildlife. I’m going to have to write down the breed name. I never remember.
Congratulations!!!
What breeds/cross breeds are hatching?
My rooster is a BIG red Leghorn x Red Sexlink named Albert. The ladies are varied. Black Copper Marans, Blue Marans, 55 Flower, Frost White Legbar, Silver Lace Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Easter Egger, Olive Egger, and Blue Wheaton Ameracauna. Then there are offspring of the BLM, EE, and OE. As to which ones actually hatched I don’t know. He did say some were duds. It’s going to be an interesting mix. LOL
I need you as a neighbor. 😂
I just had my niece from Maine visit. Sent her home with a dozen she intends to hatch. I let her collect eggs the day she left. She got 6 and I added 6 more from day before. Spreading the love. As for the neighbor, we are developing a symbiotic relationship between animals and vegetable gardens. He’s gonna hatch raise himself some pullets from my eggs and then give me some of the processed roosters from that clutch.

2C4F20DE-7DD7-4DEB-98FD-5C3AEA681C85.jpeg
Here they are! He put them in this tub while he was finishing final preps in his brooder. He had added a couple his breeds eggs to the incubator so there’s a few not from mine. Maybe the gray ones?

Back
Top Bottom