my neighbor, my chickens, My VENT!

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
My neighbor across the road called tonight and told me he would not be responsible if his dog got a hold of one of my chickens and she has already chased them. My chickens have become escape artists. I let them free range untill last week when they started spending too much time over there. Now somehow they have figured how to get out. The worst part is my neighbors are my aunt and her husband. I called her a couple weeks ago and told her if she saw them to just chase them over and she was fine, he on the other hand has not had one nice word to say to me since I moved in here nearly 2 years ago. I had told her I would give her eggs now they can forget it. I can be annoyed by her grandsons loud music till 10 pm, his driving up and down the road in his loud lawn mower he drives around (he's 17!), accusing my son of trying to run him over and Im sure he turned the key on in my car one night and drained the battery. He harasses my son at school (keep in mine, they are cousins) and used to call my youngest names and make harassing noises every time I went out side untill I told my aunt a police officer told me it was harassment and I should call next time. Im so mad Im shaking.
barnie.gif

ugh.
No advice but ((HUGS)) to you.
Do you have any idea how the chickens are getting out? Maybe ""someone"" is letting them out?

their NOT responsible for what their dog does to your chickens on their land. just like i tell people near me,, im not responsible when i shoot your dog on my land thats after my birds.
and my great uncle once said to me,,,, NEVER live next to relitives,, its nothing but a soap opera.
sorry i said this,, but it is the truth and right way.

I feel for you. I live next to my parents and my grandmother lives in back of them..... but we are seperated by a barn and a small section of woods.... so we have a little distance. I hope it never comes down to that.

Is your run covered? If not, they may just be going over the top. They're often more athletic than we give them credit for, especially the motivated ones. Even flimsy garden netting usually works to keep them in, even if it doesn't keep everything else out.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry. We used to live next door to family and it wasn't much fun. It's sad that family seems to make the worst neighbors. You really have to figure out where they are getting out and fix it or maybe you need a lock - maybe someone is letting them out.
hugs.gif

its got to be very hard when you have problems with your family....i'm sorry for you....just try to be the "better" person...and keep the chickens inside the coop/run....could you fence your yard in?...so you could still let them out?...sorry for your problems..Wendy

If you think someone might be letting them out, you might want to think about putting a lock on the coop and run doors. I hope you can get this resolved soon. It sounds like a stressful situation.

Back
Top Bottom