My neighbors free range rooster!

If the neighbor said to go ahead and kill the roo, I don’t think they would mind if the rooster had it’s wings clipped.

It also sounds like they don’t like the rooster and want you to do their dirty work. Personally, I would cull.

Haha yeah so do I, the freezer is the solution, or were you thinking more of a cuddle him approach? I tolerate my little cock because he is a feisty one, that’s why I like him. You sound like you think I beat him, jeesh, the stick to keep him in line is better than a punt ain’t it?
I know my way around roosters. You are not taking time to research who you are talking to.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...hicken-directed-at-humans-man-fighting.75750/

Here's what you can do - get a net -the kind fishermen use to net big fish like walleye or pike into the boat - whenever this roster comes over into your yard go out and put the net over him - put some weight on the handle so he can't move around - leave the net on him for couple hours - do this a couple times and I will bet he won't be coming around anymore - to keep with the times - I agree with this message

Something we don't know yet......

Perhaps the neighbor man the OP spoke with isn't the only person in that household. Maybe HE doesn't like the roo but someone else living there does.

Another thing to know is if the OP lives where the livestock laws are a "fence them in" or a "fence them out" situation.

I went over to the neighbors house and told him his Rooster was fighting with mine and could he please keep him across the fence. He tells me if I see him again to just shoot him.

I don’t want to shoot the rooster as I don’t even kill my own chickens. I sell or rehome. I mainly use mine for eggs for eating and for hatching. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to kill this guys livestock but I don’t want him fighting with my EE Roo either.

It's sad, but the only solutions I can see are:
a) keep your own chickens in pens
b) kill the neighbor's rooster
c) ask the neighbor to kill his own rooster himself (if he hasn't already done it, he probably won't.)
d) ask the neighbor to give the rooster to you, and then once it is yours you can keep it in a cage on your property or rehome it.

c) ask the neighbor to kill his own rooster himself (if he hasn't already done it, he probably won't.)
d) ask the neighbor to give the rooster to you, and then once it is yours you can keep it in a cage on your property or rehome it.

mine are fenced in on the backside of my property. His rooster hops my fence. Mine don’t leave the area. I haven’t saw his rooster for a few days now nor have I heard him crow. My roosters don’t crow yet for some reason. I think he may have killed it himself.

What are your additional suggestions?

What are your additional suggestions?

What? Those were my suggestions. I realize they are mostly a repeat of what had already been said--I was just lining them up neatly, and agreeing with everyone else who failed to see other options.

Back
Top Bottom