My neighbors think I am crazy....

kjpanda

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane Valley, WA
It's official, my neighbors now think they live next door to a crazy woman! I was outside today, cleaning the coop, filling the bird and squirrel feeders, watering the garden, etc. When I was finished with my chores, I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat outside by the girls. As they were foraging around near me, I reached down to scratch one of them on the back, and she squatted!! Oh my God, one of the girls squatted!!
wee.gif
I started to whoop and hollar and yell for anyone who could hear me. I was so overjoyed!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

While in the throes of happiness, one of my neighbors was yelling at me to see if I was ok. The neighbor on the other side was hanging over the fence, cell phone in hand, letting me know they were calling 911......oops....Ummmm....heh heh heh....all is well here, move along, nothing to see here. I tired to explain to them how exciting this moment was, and they both just looked at me and shook their heads in disbelief, muttering that I must have lost my mind.

I can't imagine what will happen when I get my first egg.
th.gif

hahaaa I am glad I have a huge yard and I never see anybody else. I would be a constant source of entertainment, some of the crazy thing my chickens make me do.

Well, my recommendation is to get dressed to go gather eggs until after you find the first one.

The human's First Egg Dance is camera worthy. One should not have the ecstatic moment immortalized when performing it in nothing but an old, tattered sleep shirt.

Congrats on the squatting!!! Mine squatted about two weeks before the first egg, but I realize they're all different. I was doing my late afternoon coop cleaning when I spied the egg. I thought someone was playing a joke on me by putting a plastic egg out in the run. Lo and behold is was a real egg! It felt like Christmas morning and I wanted to show anyone I could, the egg!!!
lol.png

Have fun and enjoy!!
Janet

Crazy is a word long prefixed to my description. I seem to be the central entertainment where ever I live.

Boring people so depend on people like us.
woot.gif

My husband thought I was Crazy too... I ran around the whole farm looking for him so I Could show him our first Egg. He just brushed me off .. Then the next week We thought they quit laying eggs because it was during the hot spell so I thought they quit when I couldn't find any in the nests. .. Turns out they were laying under a piece of ply board that I use as a ramp for them to come out of the coop .. Next week.. I found 19 eggs under there!

Wait, it gets better. That first egg is sooo exciting, it's addicting. My neighbors already think me crazy when I started keeping bees, but now with my chickens it's official, and I love it. So you are not alone, you have lots of good BYC company!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom