My neighbors......

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
Are the best! They are an older couple, and the Ladies follow them around. Sometimes you wonder if they REALLY like the chickens, or if they are just being nice.
Well, the neighborlady came to me saturday to say she noticed a huge lump on the side of one of the girls. She was worried something was wrong. LOL I told her thats just a sign that she's feeding them well.

Then one of the neighbor kids was wandering around with a BB gun, and she said if she catches him near the chickens, she'd wring his neck and call the police.

I'm thinking she really likes the chickens!

wonderful! isn't that refreshing!

my neighbors go on and on about how they love to hear our roosters and the duck/turkey noises. they sit on their deck and listen to them in the early a.m.

God bless good neighbors!
thumbsup.gif

Whenever there is a lot of posts on BYC about "bad" neighbors, I feel compelled to buy boxes of chocolate for my wonderful neighbors. And thank them. They will watch out for the chickens when I'm not home.
Imp-thankfully

Lucky for me, our police chef lives on the same circle as we do. He loves to hear the chickens. He said that he even has an alarm clock that sounds like a rooster, lol. I am not suppose to have chickens, but he said as long as no one complains then we are good....
celebrate.gif
None of my neighbors have said anything about my chickens, other than they do not bother them. !

Last edited:
We have great neighbors too and it is a wonderful feeling to know there is no drama or finger pointing. I finally started getting enough eggs to give my one neighbor some and a bit of repayment for my dog dtealing all her Christmas decorations.

Quote:
LOL, I remember that story about your dog . I laughed so hard I cried.

These neighbors keep trying to pay for eggs. We keep refusing. She brings out her dinner leftovers and feeds the chickens. She liked watching them with mashed potatoes, having taters all over their faces.

Quote:
LOL, I remember that story about your dog . I laughed so hard I cried.

These neighbors keep trying to pay for eggs. We keep refusing. She brings out her dinner leftovers and feeds the chickens. She liked watching them with mashed potatoes, having taters all over their faces.

Until now, we have not had enough eggs to share. I was glad I was able to take her a dozen with a sheepish look on my face. She has been wonderful! Right after that fiasco, she brought the culprit a big huge cow bone from the butcher for a Christmas present. Neighbors don't get much better than that.

I think my neighbor is feeding my 2 pups,but im trying to keep them out of thier yard and there dumping thier scraps at the side of there yard.
I dont mind but these pups wont be small and cuddle for long,time to put up that fence.

Back
Top Bottom