My New 4x8 Custom Coop with Run.

very nice coop good job well done. just one question will you be varnishing or painting the outside ? doesn't that material crumble when it gets wet ?

Quote:
I will be painting it, yet to choose what color. OBS will absorb moisture but it takes a while before it will Crumble.

I have one shed that is well over 10 years, all dark grey and weather'd still holding strong, however I am sure if you kicked it real good it would break easily.

I plan on painting is this weekend hopefully.

I want to go black with white trim, but that's just me.

just watched your video, pvc piping marvellous idea, could you put your crumbles in this? or is their a reason you have seperated this ?

Quote:
Of course you could put your crumble in these as well, I actually have one in another coop with Crumble and it works great, mind you the length of the tube is 4feet where as the ones you have seen are just over 2 feet.
In this coop I wanted to try out the 4 inch horizontal pvc feeder, as the tray feeders i have used in the past don't hold as much and unless you secure them down they get tipped over easy.

you have some great ideas my hens are always knocking their feed over, i only give wheat & corn as a treat in the afternoon, if i put it in there in a pvc pipe like you have they would eat that all day long and wouldn't eat the crumbles, but are definately gonna do pvc pipe for grit & crumbles thanks

You did a great job on that coop! I built a 4x8 also and looking at yours gives me some great ideas . And the feeders are great right now I have a giant 40# feeder in mine sucking up all the space and what's in the 2 vertical pvc is that oyster shells?

droolin.gif
I concur...reallly nice write up. And ur BYC page is too. But u really need to add all ur google specs to the page. I found ur supply list very helpful. Really a nice coop for the cost. Can't beleive u only spent $300. What is the diff between hardware cloth and stucco mesh?
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif

Great coop and pvc feeders. What size pvc did you use? What is your long feeder made of? I have one of those round galvanized feeders and I don't like it that much and was looking at some other options. Again, great job.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom