My New Additions! Pics included

CrazyCrttr75

Free Ranging
Apr 21, 2018
Robertson County, TN
We have new baby webbies! :ya My Annabelle kept trying to go broody so we ended up relenting and let her try to hatch a clutch of eggs. At first I thought, ok, 4 will be fine. Then more eggs kept getting added. It ended up doubling to 8. 1 egg quit on us and we had to remove it. Hatching started yesterday. 2 little ones died at hatch. :hit But we DO have 5 happy, healthy and very active new little webbies. :celebrate They are so stinking cute! :love

You can see 2 little ones, 1 on each side of mom.
IMG_5315.JPG

Dad, Noah, is trying to get a closer look to see where the peep peep peeps are coming from.
IMG_5316 (1).JPG

Peep a boo!
IMG_5322.JPG

Proud Mom
IMG_5332.JPG

Hey wait for me!
IMG_5333.JPG

:love:love:love

So precious Congratulations..

A bit of advise. I'd keep dad Noah out of contact with mama and ducklings for a while drakes can be pretty unpredictable about ducklings and have been known to kill or injure them so at least 2-3 weeks have mom and babies where all can see each other but dad can't get too close.

I understand. That picture was taken yesterday before all of the hatching was completed. I was right there so I could intervene if necessary. He didn't get too close. Our other female, Xena, was curious as well but again, didn't get too close. We did end up putting up a baby gate so the Noah and Xena couldn't get in and we can keep the littles from getting out. At least for the beginning before full integration. It's not perfect but it will work for the time being. Bad pic but you get the idea. ;)
IMG_5336.JPG

I understand. That picture was taken yesterday before all of the hatching was completed. I was right there so I could intervene if necessary. He didn't get too close. Our other female, Xena, was curious as well but again, didn't get too close. We did end up putting up a baby gate so the Noah and Xena couldn't get in and we can keep the littles from getting out. At least for the beginning before full integration. It's not perfect but it will work for the time being. Bad pic but you get the idea. ;)
View attachment 1824355
That's perfect...:frow

View attachment 1824355

The picture of dad looking at his little family is precious though!

Back
Top Bottom