My New Additions!!!

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
hi guys, so i just got 4 new additions to my flock and need suggestions and tips to get them as accustom as possible to their new home!

Ive put ceramic eggs in the second story which is where the nesting boxes are, i’ve noticed they haven’t been jumping from the ground level to the nesting boxes and roosting area where they sleep, one of them has picked it up and has been laying! but the others are yet to really go in and explore the second story. I decided today to grab them all and physically put them im there for a little but didnt seem to help… they ended up jumping down 5-10 mins later. I did see them investigating the nesting boxes with the fake eggs which is good! but they still wont go up there. Everything else is completely fine. (the jump into the second story is maybe 2 feet so its not like a huge leap)

I want them to start laying as soon as possible anybody got tips and tricks? would rlly appreciate it!

How recently did you get them? How old are they - are they even old enough to lay, or were they laying before you got them?

Assuming they were laying beforehand, being in a new home is stressful and it may take a few weeks for them to start laying again.

If they were not laying before, there's no sure way of telling when they will start. You cannot make them lay any sooner than their genetics dictate.

How recently did you get them? How old are they - are they even old enough to lay, or were they laying before you got them?

Assuming they were laying beforehand, being in a new home is stressful and it may take a few weeks for them to start laying again.

If they were not laying before, there's no sure way of telling when they will start. You cannot make them lay any sooner than their genetics dictate.
i got them 3 days ago, but only one of them are laying. they are 7.5 months old. Yes they were laying daily according to the seller.

Back
Top Bottom