My new adopted parrot

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by birdnutz, Jan 20, 2009.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Somebody wanted me to post pics of a parrot I drove 900 miles one way to adopt. Heres Pistol, the new member of my family. In just 1 day she has become a forever member!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My son was taking a shower after working 12 hours on an oil rig. Guess who was demanding her rights to the use of the water! Been here less than 12 hours and already knows what she is allowed. I think she's well on her way to being spoilled!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Oh, she is just beautifull!!!

3. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    She's already calling me Mommy. She is such a sweet heart. We still have to work on trust, but I think it will come easily with this little lover.

4. Here is a pic of my DWs bird. It has taken me 4 years for her to call me dad. She is a hoot.

[​IMG]

5. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    I may be adopting a B&G soon, a 5-year-old rehome. I'd love to know how your situation works out. Please keep us posted [​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Pistol is living up to her name....LOL

7. CochinLover

CochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Oxnard,CA
    i comend u for not only driving that far to get them but for adopting a blue and gold hahaha i couldnt do it. An African grey maybe. But the macaws that we see in clinics just hates us!! but ur birdy is very gorgeous and im so glad they have u!! Glad to c they're already spoiled enough and comfy enough to jump in the shower with u guys. thats a big accomplishment. good luck and im glad u found each other.

8. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    That is a beatiful Macaw.

Do you know how old she is?

9. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    I wish I had a parrot. [​IMG] My good friend, little horse, gave me a really nice big cage now if some one would let me have a bird. [​IMG] [​IMG] There is a lady here that breeds the grays. It is soooooooooo loud when walk in her barn. They are alittle costly for me!!

10. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Very nice beautiful bird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by