My new adopted parrot

Did that parrot help drive home? 900 miles.....
th.gif

Gorgeous bird.

Last edited:
Pistol is really settling in as a member of the family. She is 10 years old. The woman that had her was dying of cancer. She'd had Pistol since she was weaned. So Pistol has known nothing but love her entire life. Thats a real positive thing when you have to deal with a bird this large. She's really getting along with my son. I think I'm a little jealous. But that's the way it is with birds.
There are tons of birds for adoption on petfinder. Lots of greys that need good homes. I also want a grey. But it will have to be closer to home. That way I could visit and see if we can bond. I had a very close realationship with Smokey (my grey) that I can't replace. but hoping to help out another needing bird.

What a better way to bond than a 900 mile drive home! LOL good plan birdnut! I have a blue fronted amazon parrot named roofus (he loves the roof of his cage and hanging upside down on it! I know what you mean about being jealous of your son. Roofus was my dh's before we got married 15 years ago. Roofus LOVES me and will let me do anything with him, DH can but it takes time EVERY time to get to pet his head or climb on his hand or shoulder etc.

This is not the best picture of him but the best one I have online!

15601_image017.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom