My new ( and first ! ) GOSLINGS! So, WHat do I have?

chickensducks&agoose :

chinese beaks don't get the lump until they're more grown.

You're right, they don't, but they still have a different shape as babies.
smile.png

I agree Chinese White & Brown. It'll be neat if you end up having a trio of two females and one male. Cute no matter what - I'm glad you're enjoying them. Welcom to the world of geese!

Joni

Quote:
Yep, that's what I think too, though the dark one 'could' be an african, it's hard to tell when they are babies. My african has a kind of divet in the top of the beak, and the beak seems to extend higher on the head than the toulouse gosling's beak does, so that's why I asked for close-ups
smile.png

I bet you just love them to death, aren't they just darling?
love.gif

THANKS! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in love with these brats!

QUESTION!
When can i expect eggs? I know with ducks its 4 -5 months. but i think geese take ALOT longer, do they? And when will i know genders? is there a way to tell?

AND--- Are brown and white chinese the same species/breed? or are they in two seperat categorys? what will crossing result in?

My brown Chinese goose still hasn't laid a egg and shes 14 months. But they usually lay when their about a year.
Gender is easy to tell because the males will get large bumps on their bill. The males also are bigger. I usually wait a couple months to sex by the knob on their beak.
They are the same breed just different color variations.

ep.gif
Bernard is freakin adorable!!! i hope we both have BC's!

your white ones look like white Chinese, they have the little indent at the base of the bill and the body shape, long neck and almost no-tail are very chinese. i posted pics of mine in one of my recent posts in this forum so go check em out and see if thats what they look like.

hit.gif
i hope we have brown chinese!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom