My new babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JudyMcKinn, Dec 9, 2007.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Here are some pictures of my new babies. I should have cleaned out their brooder BEFORE, instead of after I took them, but...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About half of them are RIR, and the other half mixed. I ended up with 36, out of 44. Not bad for my little Giant 9200. Now we have another ice storm, and the netting is all weighted down with ice again, and starting to tear. I HATE winter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very sweet.

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Great Hathch Judy, Cute babies.

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    They are adorable! I love the tint of red on their backs. I agree - I have winter too. Only 3 1/2 more months until spring. [​IMG]

5. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    cute cute babies. That's a good hatch. [​IMG]

Oh spring that sounds so nice. Can't wait

6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Well, I can't complain about winter. It is 77 and it has only rained 4-5 days since Sept. We are going to be in for a drought apparently... But my, oh my, those are some cute babies. I especially love the black and tan exotic looking one in the middle of the second pic. Very sweet babies. [​IMG]

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    cute cute cute! It was 80 here today and 60's tonight. I love the snow ice and sleet!!!!! LOL

8. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Would you like to trade homes for the winter, Seminole? You'd be happy as a clam here (till you realized what a pain in the butt this can be.) LOL

And if the electricity goes off tonight, like they are predicting, I guess my babies will freeze, unless I wake up in time. then will have to bring them into the living room, which won't be 90 degrees, but may keep them alive, in front of our propane heater. Who would have dreamed we would have another ice storm this winter.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    They are very pretty Judy. Sorry it is cold there. It was 81 here today and very sun shiny. I actually have Iris's starting to bloom and Camelias.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by