My new babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PrincessChicky, Mar 25, 2012.

1. PrincessChicky

PrincessChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2012
    Dallas area
    I'm new and wanted to share pictures of my new loves. We have 3 of these lighter colored chicks and one of the more brown one. Based on what I've read, I think they are 2-3 weeks old. I don't know their gender, or how to tell, or when I can tell! I know I missed the day old window so I guess we'll have to wait until they get some mature feathers and see what we've got.

Slowly I'm getting to know them. For instance, I know Princess Chicky has the loudest peep. The twins (Peep and Quack) are identical as far as we can tell and Speedy (the brown one) is not the smartest one. S/he is the last one to find the food/water/whatever and generally seems 'slow' despite the name. LOL

I heard a distress noise this morning, which sent me running to them. It was more of an 'EEEE' noise instead of a peep and found one of my daughters holding a chick upside down. :-/ We are working on our chicken manners, needless to say! I'm keeping them in a storage tub in my kitchen with newspapers on the bottom. They are so messy!! I'm off to the tractor supply today to see about proper food and water dishes since they are spilling the play kitchen dishes I have all over the place. I don't want them sitting around in wet so I can't keep water in there all the time.

That's all for now, have a great day!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    :love Mine are due in 9 days...Can't wait! So cute!

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Luvs chickies! I can't really remember but they grow so fast they only look like a week old to me. I could be wrong certainly. At a week they need 90 degrees, two weeks old 85 degrees, 3 weeks old 80 degrees etc. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by