My new babies!!

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
Yesterday morning I got up bright and early (for me! lol) at 7am and went to pick up my chicks and ducks from the post office. I did not get any of the packing peanuts for warmth and it was COLD here so I was nervous, not gonna lie! Much to my surprise as soon as I opened the post office door I could hear them LOUDLY peeping and echoing all over the place. It was a welcomed sound. All 7 chicks and 3 ducks were alive and very healthy. We haven't had anyone look/act sick. Couldn't have asked for a better order. They came from Ideal if anyone is ordering which is also where I got all my other chicks (now 2 year old hens)

This is my 4th time broodering chicks so that is nothing new for me but this is our first time also broodering ducklings. I have to say, they are so hilarious. I never expected them to be such characters so soon. We allowed them to stay together the first 24 hours to transition. Today we separated them. The ducks don't seem to like this as they are peeping loudly for the chicks they can't get to now. Poor things. :(

Adorable babies!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom