My new baby silkies!! 9 week update post #47 - critique please! :)

Mrs MIA

Chick Magnet
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Hatched yesterday!
wee.gif
I shipped in 12 eggs from a non-BYC person in Alabama... NINE hatched!
celebrate.gif

Now... these are supposed to be black. This is my first experience with black silkies... and I expected them to be all black. I have blues darker than this.
tongue.png
Do they feather out pure black, and the chick down doesn't matter? They're supposed to be from SQ stock, too... any opinions, or is it way too early to think about it?
smile.png

Thanks guys!!

Blacksilkiegroup3-16-20099-18-34PM.jpg

This one's the lightest of the bunch:
Blacksilkie3-16-20099-18-49PM.jpg

One of my dark blue chicks in the middle of two blacks... of course, I could have gotten a black from my two blues, since I don't know their parentage...
hmm.png

bluesilkieinthemiddle3-16-20099-20-.jpg

About half had HUGE poofs!!
Poof.jpg

Last edited:
I am by no means an expert but only one looks black to me. This is a picture of my BBS silkies hatched this week.

FirstIncubation09008.jpg

And some of yours are lighter than mine.

Cannot wait to hear from the experts. I am jealous about the feathering though...cute babies.

pop.gif

Nonononono! Lalalalala! I don't want to hear that!!
lol.png

I know... the one chick in the middle of the third photo came from my blue pen... that's what I'm talking about. I guess I can wait to see what happens. Some of my light/med blues are feathering out way darker than their down, so hopefully the same will be with the blacks.
fl.gif
fl.gif

It's weird... they seem darker now that they're all fluffed out... I may need to take new photos.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom