My new Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco - HATCH! pg. 6 (pic heavy)

The Octagon 20 ECO is back on sale on the Brinsea.com site for $99 Also the mini advanced is on sale for $119. I just ordered the 20 ECO after reading through this post. I'll be off to Walmart tomorrow for my hygrometer/thermometer. My first hatch will be Araucana eggs and a few Olive Eggers from a friend. Can't wait!

I got the eco 20 with the egg turner when it was on sale... Eggs are in it right now
big_smile.png
It keeps the temp/humidity REALLY well - I was pleasantly surprised, as this was my first incubator...

One thing though. They don't tell you how much shipping is... It was around $45.00!! OUCH!! I figured it out, and shipping took up 1/2 the $ I saved bying the incubator on sale
th.gif
At least I still saved some $$ though, and we all need to do that right now
thumbsup.gif

Y'ALL ARE A BUNCH OF ENABLERS!!!
smack.gif

This old thread came up after I read probably at least 100 pages on this site about which incubator, dry hatch or not, read the entire 50 some pages on the Christmas hatch thread!

So the octagon 20 eco seems to be a good choice for my first bator...and it's on sale again!
clap.gif

Hope hubby didn't get me anything for Christmas because I have everything filled out except the credit card #(have to go get my purse).

I don't even have any fertile eggs...7 too young and just got my 5 girls a man but he's in iso for at least another week!

Maybe I'll go have a look-see what kind of eggs are up for grabs...right after I finalize my order of course...

When mine arrived on the 11th of December, my wife says, "Well Merry Christmas.... guess you get to open yours early".

First hatch in it will finish up on New Year's Day!

I am on my second hatch with the Octagon Eco 20.

I fill both troughs with water and the humidity will stay in the 30's for a week.

For lockdown, and to get the humidity up, I added 2 paper towels laying across the bottom and
folded into the water troughs, to act as a wick.

My first hatch was 14 out of 16, beginners luck! Wish me luck on this hatch.

Back
Top Bottom