My New Brood!

Dbl T in CO

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 22, 2007
Byers CO
I am very excited because I just purchased 5 Black Copper Maran chicks. They are out of the Wade Jeane and Bev Davis lines. I saw the rooster and hen and was able to confirm the dark eggs the hen produces. The breeder I purchased them from has strived to maintain the breed standards for both the poultry traits and eggs standards. The breed is beautiful so my goal is to advance the breed by striving to continue on the dark egg standards.
jumpy.gif

Lucky you! I would love a few Marans. I have different colored eggs, but none that are dark brown. I have three white egg layers coming next week, but am hoping to do some Marans maybe a year after that. My EEs and my RIRs are wonderful egg layers, but I am a sucker for all the colors! I noticed you have only one other hen...how has it been raising a singlet?

My single henny is doing well. She is not alone by design. We had an unfortunate accident that brought us to this place. I still let her free range and have found that without the flock she sticks close to me and our dogs. She comes running when I call her and knows I have treats for her. She will forever be my pet.

The Black Copper Maran’s were for her. But now I have discovered a new found “love” in my life. I am so hooked on chickens.

The breeder is in Peyton Colorado. She advertises on Craig's List in Colorado Springs. If you need additional information let me know.

Babies are doing great!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom