My New Button Quail Pair!!! ** ( PIC HEAVY!!! ) **

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I knew they're the wild color, just didn't know if there was a "Color" you called them ... Thanks!
Thats odd! That the way this little male is! lol he is so layed back and isn't scared of me.

yes, you can call them blues lol. thats about it blue chinese buttons and wild color....I like blues it makes them sound special
wink.png

they are beautifull, lucky you, i had some buttons 25 yrs ago in an aviary, with diamond doves and jacobin pigions. they were always flighty but fun to watch, good luck,
juliet

Congratulations! You've been looking forward to your new friends for a while now so I'm glad they are there! They are lovely! My wee ones, Aimee and Osbourne, love fresh greens to and Osbourne, loves to have the greens hang from the side of his cage so he can pluck and peck at it. Once he gets the romaine leaf down from the side of the cage he flips it around. I see romaine leaf flying and Osbourne jumping around after it.
tongue.png

Very nice! One suggestion is that you don't leave the seed in there all the time, they'll eat more of it than they need. Use it just as a treat once or twice a week.
smile.png

Buttons are almost impossible to tame, even if you got them as babies. Just think of them like finches, something pretty to look at
smile.png

The growling sound is the 'crow' that only the males make. The whistle (both sexes do this) is more of a locator call, if either get out again, or God forbid you lose one, the other will make this sound a lot. Mine seem to do it if there is a loud noise (like a crowing rooster).

Thanks for all the nice comments about the quail!
I was gone all weekend, that why I didn't reply to anything in awhile.
smile.png

The female still hasn't layed an egg yet! How long until she will? I really wonna incubate some eggs.
big_smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Thanks for all the nice comments about the quail!
I was gone all weekend, that why I didn't reply to anything in awhile.
smile.png

The female still hasn't layed an egg yet! How long until she will? I really wonna incubate some eggs.
big_smile.png

Since you just got them, the move has probably stressed her. It could take up to 1 month before she starts laying again.​

Buttons are very picky, mine are in the bedroom where I put my brooder babies. If I move a brooder box in or out of that room (I use rubbermaid totes) it will throw them off laying for a few days. I had 4 brooders in there, now I have 1...guess what I'm not getting?
lol.png

Last edited:
Wow yours are so pretty! Mine came home half plucked and it took them about 10 months (until winter) to shed all the old feathers and grow a new set!!!
hmm.png

I love it when the males crow ♥ They are so sweet

♫ fluffy ♫

Back
Top Bottom