My New Chicken Coop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by waxex, Dec 12, 2016.

1. waxex

waxex Just Hatched

Dec 12, 2016
    Texas
    Hi,
    I just became a new member. I have been reading this forum for quite awhile now. I have started raising Silkies and Seramas. I have really learned alot from all of the information that is provided on this website. My husband just completed my new chicken coop about a week and a half ago. I am really proud of it, he did a great job. It is approximately 8ft x 6ft. The run is 8x8x16. We used 1/4x1/4 galvanized hardware cloth on the run, with wire on the ground covered with dirt and shavings on top. The inside has a loft for storage, a counter with a sink and nesting boxes with 4 pans and a clean out on the outside of coop. It has a turbine and a ceiling fan. We also put in a clean out door on the side. He just added the porch with a railing. This is my Christmas, Birthday, and Anniversary all combined. It turned out great and we have some very happy chickens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JimNKC and N F C like this.
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Beautiful coop, your husband did a wonderful job building it. Happy birthday, anniversary & Christmas...that's a super gift!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under waxex [​IMG] Welcome!

Wow! That is beautiful!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Wow - glad my flock can't see that coop! I'd say that DH should have negotiated all presents, but extended the period for at least 5 years, for a job like that [​IMG]. Please make yourself at home here with us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wow what a great job your husband did!. I think the best part is the 1/4" by 1/4" tight hardware cloth. Tell the birds to wipe their feet and confine all bodily wastes to the outdoors, the coop is just too nice to mess up.

6. LoveInNature

LoveInNature Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2016
    Brisbane Australia
    Wow. I could come and live in it. Does your husband have a brother?

7. waxex

waxex Just Hatched

Dec 12, 2016
    Texas
    Yes, he does have a brother but he's married. Thank you all for the welcoming.

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

And :eek: at the coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by