My New Chicken Pole Barn *PICS*

Heidi

Songster
12 Years
Mar 18, 2007
Northwest Michigan
My DH told me I could have the "Economy Booster Check" that everyone was sent awhile back. So I decided not to pay any bills, but to build a chicken pole barn.
big_smile.png
It ended up costing almost 3 times the amount, but it's paid for - free and clear. Here's the yard cleared and ready and fenced off from the girls - you can see their old coop in the back.
Yard2.jpg

The beginnings - I'm far to the left, my good friend beside me and my DH off to the right.
DSCN0686.jpg

More friends showing up to help.
Saturday.jpg

Got to have concrete!
Cement.jpg

Skinned and windows in - there's 2 other windows on each side that are much larger for a cross breeze.
PoleBarn3.jpg

Inside pens - total of 3. The 2 smaller side pens have about 1/4 acres running room outside and the larger pen in the back has a yard of about 1/2 acre.
1stPen.jpg

BLRWPen.jpg

DuckPen.jpg

Lastly - the siding. It's pretty much done except I need to add more dirt and flowers to the front and our door on the right pen needs to be built. The electric will be installed this weekend - 2 over head lights on timers and 2 outlets for water dish warmers during the winter.
FinishedPoleBarn-1.jpg

My friend from the first pic made this for me. It will hang over the front door.
DSCN0737.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - my girls aren't complaining so they must be happy. I tried to make the pics smaller in Photo bucket, but obviously I'm doing something wrong. Sorry about the largness of the pics.

Congratulations on your Achievement, that is a real hen house.
I wanted myself to do the same but due to the tight budget these days I buildt a smaller house you can check mine undernieth my webpage on BYC.
But really you did a wonderful job, you should be very happy with it for long long years to come.
Omran.

That is wonderful!
I wish I could get something organized like that here. I want a smaller building and still can't figure out where to start!

Back
Top Bottom