My new chicken tractor

Looking good!

From a fellow spine breaker, hope you heal straight. I broke T-12, L-1, L-2 in 2001 along with my right arm. Long months to recover but I am whole again with no disability. Those first few months were slow, REAL SLOW.

I LOVE your tractor! You should really pat yourself on the back (no pun intended).
roll.png

I have a bunch of scrap pallets that I've been wanting to try to do something with for quite some time. I've also got a 15 foot steel trampoline frame ... and a roll of fence. I've got lots of ideas but nothing has come to fruition as of yet. I want to tell you that you've truly inspired me to get out there and build something! I don't mean that in the cheesy, sappy way ... I just want you to know that your happiness is contagious. Thank you for sharing your project! I love it and I'm sure your girls do, too. Way to go!
wink.png

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am so happy to be able to actually do it, lol... I am so proud of it even if it isn't perfect. Some of the coop and tractors on here are just so pretty. Mine is not the prettiest, but I love it and so do my girls, lol. My husband is so funny, he said I build everything way more sturdy than needed, lol. He likes to joke that if a tornado comes through, it will take out the house but my coops will still be standing...
lau.gif

I built another 2 story coop a couple of weeks ago but the girls grew out of it quickly. It is a wonderful step up from the brooder though, lol.
wink.png

Twentynine: I am so glad you healed up well and do not have any disability from breaking your spine.
hugs.gif
It is so scary when it happens. I remember being absolutely terrified when it happened, wondering if I would ever be able to even walk again. I am healing nicely but you are right it has been SLOW and grueling. I'm still not even close to 100% yet, but my Dr. says that in another 4-6 months I should be fine. The accident caused severe soft tissue damage across my entire back and that has taken longer than the bones even to start to heal.

Cherstin, I wish I lived closer. I would come help you, I love designing and building things from scrap. Recycling can be so much fun! Just get out there and get started it. I am dying to see how it turns out!
ya.gif

Quote:
Thanks, but I can't take any credit for it, I am no where near that creative
smile.png
I bought the complete kit prebuilt & delivered from Stagecoach Tractors. I have tried to figure out what in the world they used for the dome too, to no avail.
They do sell the plans for just the feeder for people who already have pre-existing coops...
http://www.chickenmobilestagecoach.com/id73.html
The feeder plans are toward the bottom of the page.

Quote:
Thanks!!
I bought it from...
http://www.chickenmobilestagecoach.com
For the safety of my chickens I didn't want to construct it myself
big_smile.png
But they do sell the plans for DIYers

Wow! That's close enough that I could conceivably go pick one up....it would be a day trip, but I could do it. Hmm, very tempting! Thanks so much for the link.

Back
Top Bottom