My new chicken tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bailey43, May 16, 2013.

1. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Old thread alert...Looks like this member hasn't been active since 6-2013.

@bailey43 you still monitoring BYC??

2. NeTexasDude

NeTexasDude Hatching

Aug 28, 2014
    great job.... saw a company in Conway AR that sells some coops JUST like this, but with a different wheel set up. Does these wheels work good? This coop is much more eye appealing than my tank and probably weighs half. Mine is over 1000 lbs but does NOT flex one centimeter. I'm trying to figure a wheel system so I can pull it with out digging up yard either direction.

3. TropBeaucoup

TropBeaucoup In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2014
    Hey NeTexasDude - just an FYI that this post is outdated. I had asked him a question to and somebody from the site picked up that it was an outdated thread. So I don't think you will be hearing back!! On another note, maybe we can swap thoughts on another thread? We are also building a chicken coop tractor!

4. Danny2912

Danny2912 Hatching

Nov 17, 2014
    Hi, I really like your design. I already have a small house. I would love to know how you did the run part.
    I like the idea of the big tires. I would just be sure to air them up frequently. Once they break loose from the rim, you have a problem.
    Thanks, Danny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: