My New Chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurena, May 18, 2008.

1. Laurena

Laurena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Yippeee , I have chickens !!!! I'm so excited , I've wanted chickens for many years and finally have some .

I picked up these six one year old ISA hens last night . I've already gotten three eggs from them .

On the drive home I was being asked if we could get some barred rocks and today there was talk of building a second coop/run . I think it's safe to say we're hooked .

Anyway , here are a few pictures of the new gals .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My cat watching the chickens .
    [​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG....I love that cat!!!

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Congrats! [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Nice hens welcome the addiction ! you must have more chickens !

Henry

5. Laurena

Laurena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Lurky - Hehe , thanks . The cats name is Mister , well his full name is Mister Grumpy Pants . I got him along with his three siblings when they were 11 weeks old , they were all feral , I was the foster home through a local cat rescue . I tamed down his siblings with in the first few weeks and they all got adopted out , but not Mister . He hissed , he spat , he clawed , he bit , he growled , he HATED people . It took me over six months to get to the point were I could touch him without welding gloves on . We originally had no intentions on keeping him hence the silly name , it was supposed to be temp . We eventually tamed him down but by that time we were just too in love with him so he became a permanent resident here . Now he's the most cuddly kitty ever .

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    They are beeeyootiful birds. You done good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by