My new chicks head is cocked to the side?? ~PICS page 2~

Echoes

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Utah
Is there something terribly wrong with him? His head stays cocked to the side... like completely side ways. Is there something I can do? Is he disabled?

Last edited:
The same thing happened to one of the faverolle chicks I hatched last fall. I gave him a few drops of baby vitamins 2-3 times a day and two days later he was fine. Turned out to be a vitamin deficiency. This may not be the case for your chickie but it's worth a try.

Yes, liquid - I used poly-vi-sol NO IRON. The first couple days I'd put a drop or two on his beak and he would swallow it after he started doing better I put 1/2 dropperful in the water daily. How old is the chick? Mine was about 2 weeks old when he started it. Try it - if it's a vitamin deficiency, it will clear up quick. Good luck

He's only about 12 hours old. I am going to run to my local feed store (Agway) and see if they have anything for this. I might jsut pick up some vitamins too.

Thanks. Keep the advice coming, I am really worried about him.

Is there any chance he will die? He has been sleeping alot more than my others.

He's only about 12 hours old. I am going to run to my local feed store (Agway) and see if they have anything for this. I might jsut pick up some vitamins too.

Thanks. Keep the advice coming, I am really worried about him.

Is there any chance he will die? He has been sleeping alot more than my others.

Okay. Here's what I jsut picked up:

-Vitamin E (400 I.U.) - 100% Natural - Softgels

-Super B-Complex (There's no I.U measurement, not sure if there issupposed to bewith this) - Dietary Supplement - Liquid Softgels

-Poly-Vi-Sol (Enfamil)

...How sohuld I dose him? Could I mix them all together and give to him all in one liquid? How long should I wait before giving to him? (He's only about 12 hours old)

Back
Top Bottom