My New Coop "Alcatraz" - need all the advice that I can get

that motor was on sale in harbor freight and then i had the coupon. it came out to something like $35. that's why i purchased it.

Hey Ron P. will post a picture later of the weak link that we put in. It works great. We used a bunjee thpe of cord. This way it has a little give. We had to sand down between the posts and the door so that it would be smoother. Now i need to dig up under the hardware cloth and dump the dirt on top of the cloth. Then i have to level it and put bricks on top.

The chain for the remote control chicken door gets caught in the corrugated roof sometimes. So I need to tweak that a little. But at least the hens have moved in. So far have 8 hens inside

A red star
A leg horn
2 speckled sussex
One Easter Egger
2 Wyandottes I think
And a Buff I think

what i plan on doing next is to install some solar powered flood lights so that when predators come up to the coop at night the flood lights turn on and i can see what's going on. this way it's like an alarm if the lights are on that means that something is around.

So they are using the ladder to come down but aren't really using the slide portion. I was hoping to get them to slide down.

Hey Piney

This upcoming weekend I am putting in a trickle charger to the battery so that on those cold days the battery doesn't die. This way I won't have to worry about taking the battery out and charging it. This trickle charger is solar powered so it won't require any outlets.

Will post up pictures of that shortly.

Back
Top Bottom