My new coop - Bittersweet to say the least

Ok, first of all, quick comment on your adorable daughter in that picture with her chicken....it's just priceless! What a great shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That coop is perfect! It looks flawless! I am so sad to hear what you've been through though. God only gives the toughest stuff to the toughest people. You must be one strong person! You have my sympathy on the loss of your friend. Hearing that story just breaks my heart. You keep your head up, and please pat yourself on the back for all the amazing work on that coop!!!!!
smile.png

cswartout
hugs.gif
I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend, sounds like you will have some very speicial memories though.. I to have lost a friend in April. Once in a while I come across items that he has given DH and myself and we remember some of the good times we all had together..
smile.png

That's good part of friendship you pick whom you share it with.
hugs.gif

I love your coop it wonderfully done. I really like the green color sceme. Your daughter seems to be a very sweet girl... She's cute too.
jumpy.gif
The photo of her and Edna is sweet.. You did frame it ? Right?
love.gif

What a wonderful story and such a fantastic coop. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

But you did a great job on the coop. It's wonderful!!!

And what a pretty girl. You must be very proud.

Jacie

Those are some lucky chickens to live in coop made of so much love. I am sorry for your loss and touched by your story.
hugs.gif

You and your friends Dad did a good job on the coop and run. Deepest sympathies on your friends death. A good thing here is that you and his Dad built a great coop together to ease your grief and it helped the both of you through a very sad, tough time. I'm glad he got to see photos of it and to share in the process that way. Kudos to you both.

I love my chickens and my ducks and whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed about something (which happens often these days) I just head outside and do some "watching" for awhile. It never ceases to calm me down.

This sounds trite, but "time heals" and I wish you and your friends' family the speediest of recoveries.

Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!

Last edited:
What a wonderful story.. Thank you so much for sharing.. and I am so sorry for your loss.

I love how you took photos every step of the way and combined them here in order with captions- I feel like you let us all in on the journey with you. Make sure you print those photos out and put them all together, with the words, like you did here, into a book ( like a scrapbook of sorts) It will definately make a treasured keepsake.

Wish you all the best

The coop is beautiful, I'm not much of a carpenter either..but my mum is an amazing handy-lady, and I was so proud of myself for building the brooder!.... Sorry for your loss.

Oh, and your daughter is such a beautiful little girl!

cool story ups and downs shows the serenity thats these birds and having them can bring. sorry bout ur buddy sounds like he was a great guy and will be missed evn by those who did not know him.

Back
Top Bottom