My new coop - Bittersweet to say the least

What a great heart-warming story. You should have great memories and feelings everytime you look at it. I'd also suggest submitting that story to Chicken Soup for the Soul, it would be a wonderful way to recognize and remember your friend.

As everyone already said its a wonderful coop and made with so much love. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friends family and friends. Thank you so much for sharing your story and photos!

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Sometimes it seems that a good way to deal with an eminent loss is to get involved in something that forces you to look ahead and out for something or someone else.

I'm glad you got your chickens. Life is too short to always be wondering 'when' is the right time to get something as simple as a few chickens that can add so much joy and fun to your life!

Cute kid too!!

Thia may sound odd but your friend will live on with these and all future chickens in your life. You'll always remember him fondly any time you see a chicken. What a precious gift to share with him: he taught you how to expand your life and love to include more animals.

I was talking to my 90yo grandma today about my own chickens and telling her that I wish I'd known years ago how much I would enjoy chickens. She told me that her mother, my great grandmother, loved chickens so much that she always had them, even after they moved into the city. It warmed my heart to know that I have a close link to a woman I barely knew.

Please accept my condolences on your loss.

What a great picture of your daughter and Edna.

I am glad you have something to always remember your friend with in such a warm and wonderful way.

I am so sorry for your loss, but am inspired by the testimony of friendship and love that you shared. I hope that over time your sorrows lessen and your joys multiply. You have your very own angel watching you and your flock and I wish you many years of peace and happiness... I can honestly say the chickens and my garden have helped me cope thru a similar loss...and I am better now...By the way, the coop is beautiful and priceless!

Reading your post was like looking into a part of your life. You're a true friend, and your friend was truly blessed by your friendship. We could all use a someone like that. And your daughter is a beautiful child. I'm sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom