My new coop design

Very nice coop/run.  Great ventilation for our summer heat.  How old are your girls?  Are they in the coop full time? 

They are 6 weeks old. They roam the yard for several hours during the day. I've been putting them up in the coop during the night because they will go down the ladder just fine but have not been going up it.

It's already been hitting the 90s. I was going to close up the top but decided I'm going to make a door that I can open during the summer and close it up during the winter.

Last edited:
I love this. this is like what i want to uild. it's just me and my son building it so we have lots to figure out. beautifult hough

It looks great, the only thing I would say is that they may need more space, especially as they get older, they will have that grass completely gone. Also a cover for their feed will help keep you from losing too much to the weather. Our girls got bored with too little space and began pecking at each others feathers. Difficult to get them to stop once they start. Make sure they have plenty of interesting things to scratch and peck at!

Very nice abw!!

ChrisnTracy, I let them out every morning I'm home. I work 24 on 48 off. I've been thinking about what to do about a cover for the feed.

We have gotten to the 80's twice, but the low Fri. night is suppose to be 30! And I dont have elec at the coop so, my girls are still in the garage at night. Crazy weather! We are under a tornado watch now.

Back
Top Bottom