My New Coop

So I just have to post this. My girls used to live in a very small area, the run has doubled in size and the Taj Majal is working out well. Still tweaking some stuff. The hens seemed to appreciate my set up: boxes off the ground, roost poles for hopping up, the little walk way for easy maneuverability, cross ventilation, and safety closure at night. The white eggs are fake, and it helped them feel safe to lay in a new place! Loved this forum for my research in making decisions for them!
new coop1.jpg
new coop2.jpg

Thank you! Been kinda obsessed with getting the details done!
nice work and right- this place is the best huh?!

im working on a new coop design and curious your thoughts on nest box height- was thinking of having ground level for the first time, but your comment is making me reconsider...

nice work and right- this place is the best huh?!

im working on a new coop design and curious your thoughts on nest box height- was thinking of having ground level for the first time, but your comment is making me reconsider...
from my research, the nest box should always be below the roosting perches for sure. The nesting boxes should be off the floor no matter where you live so they don't get a draft. and the height should be for the size of the hen. just above the floor level seems to allow them to feel safe.

Back
Top Bottom