My new day old chicks! *Tons of PICTURES!*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by aoxa, Mar 4, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Okay.. So I've been anxiously awaiting the hatching of my chicks for 3 weeks now. I bought them from a breeder (though not exhibition stock, I don't care). I've been desperately wanting chicks for a long time now.. Most importantly, chicks that will eventually lay green/blue eggs for me. It took me a long time to find someone realtively close by who bred EEs. By relatively close, I mean 1 hour 45 minutes. They also had mottled houdans, and I could NOT pass them up! :lau So without further ado, here are my 11 new chicks! :D [​IMG] I have three mottled houdans [​IMG] The little guy is NOT dead. I promise. We drove even further to get some (hopefully) frizzle chicks, and they had to be in our car for six hours. It was fine for them, but I had it very warm in the car. Poor me, not poor them. :lol: [​IMG] My miniature poodle, Chloe, really likes the chicks :love We also got 5 EE's [​IMG] Two light coloured ones like this - though one has a stripe down it's back, and this one just has a dot on it's head. [​IMG] Here's another EE :love [​IMG] Another one.. [​IMG] Here's the last one.. Along with the (hopefully) frizzle guy. I think it's a boy.. I just have a feeling :) [​IMG] This is just a mixed one. I think it's a girl. I also just have a feeling :p [​IMG] [​IMG] Here's there brooder :D It's my nephew's old playpen. The chicks don't seem to like the heat too close, so I brought it up. Staying at 85 right now, and they prefer that temp so far. They were panting when it was at 90. [​IMG] Dexter tested the brooder out before the chicks arrived.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Very cute! Congrats on the new babies.

3. aoxa

Thanks! Wish they were born on Friday so I could have spent all weekend doting over them :p

4. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

you've got some cuties there...congrats!

5. aoxa

Thank you very much :) They are very active after getting some much needed rest from the long trip!

6. FreedomLover

FreedomLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Romance
    Adorable! :)

And I must say, it's a good thing Dexter was there to test the brooder before you brought those babies home! [​IMG]

7. aoxa

:lau

Lilly-Ru tested it as well, but I can't seem to find that picture - She was so happy. :D

Thank you :)

8. ChickenCrazy8

ChickenCrazy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Canada, Ottawa
    My Coop
    Awwww, they're so cute!!!

9. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    wow! absolutely adorable! and i love your brooder! i have a playpen that's not in use upstairs and i'm now going to use that as MY brooder! thanks for the idea! also, i couldn't help but feel that the cat had eaten the babies, lol, cuz first you showed a pic of the chicks in their brooder, and THEN, no chicks...but the CAT in the brooder! lol! looked as if the cat had eaten them! thank goodness that wasn't the case! they are so very cute!

10. HudokFarm

HudokFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Minnesota
    They are so adorable! I don't think I will ever leave this forum again. All the chicks are just so darned cute!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by