My new day old chicks! *Tons of PICTURES!*

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Okay.. So I've been anxiously awaiting the hatching of my chicks for 3 weeks now. I bought them from a breeder (though not exhibition stock, I don't care). I've been desperately wanting chicks for a long time now.. Most importantly, chicks that will eventually lay green/blue eggs for me. It took me a long time to find someone realtively close by who bred EEs. By relatively close, I mean 1 hour 45 minutes. They also had mottled houdans, and I could NOT pass them up! :gig So without further ado, here are my 11 new chicks! :D
_MG_4712.jpg
I have three mottled houdans
_MG_4767.jpg
The little guy is NOT dead. I promise. We drove even further to get some (hopefully) frizzle chicks, and they had to be in our car for six hours. It was fine for them, but I had it very warm in the car. Poor me, not poor them. :lol:
_MG_4725.jpg
My miniature poodle, Chloe, really likes the chicks :love We also got 5 EE's
_MG_4773.jpg
Two light coloured ones like this - though one has a stripe down it's back, and this one just has a dot on it's head.
IMG_4759.jpg
Here's another EE :love
IMG_4744.jpg
Another one..
IMG_4740.jpg
Here's the last one.. Along with the (hopefully) frizzle guy. I think it's a boy.. I just have a feeling :)
IMG_4763.jpg
This is just a mixed one. I think it's a girl. I also just have a feeling :p
_MG_4776.jpg
_MG_4777.jpg
Here's there brooder :D It's my nephew's old playpen. The chicks don't seem to like the heat too close, so I brought it up. Staying at 85 right now, and they prefer that temp so far. They were panting when it was at 90.
_MG_4707.jpg
Dexter tested the brooder out before the chicks arrived.

Last edited:
wow! absolutely adorable! and i love your brooder! i have a playpen that's not in use upstairs and i'm now going to use that as MY brooder! thanks for the idea! also, i couldn't help but feel that the cat had eaten the babies, lol, cuz first you showed a pic of the chicks in their brooder, and THEN, no chicks...but the CAT in the brooder! lol! looked as if the cat had eaten them! thank goodness that wasn't the case! they are so very cute!

Back
Top Bottom