My New Diamond Doves

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by OzawkieBantams, May 16, 2011.

1. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    My New Diamond Doves these were a steal. Anyone got any good advice on these lil beauties?

[​IMG]

2. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Anyone have these birds?
    I need some help with them [​IMG]

3. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    No body ? [​IMG]

4. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Nope, don't have any yet.....but mine come next week!!!! I have wanted diamond doves for years and years and years. And now I am finally getting them!!! [​IMG]

5. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Pretty birds! I love diamond doves [​IMG] Are they young or are they both hens? What exactly do you need as far as help goes?

6. OzawkieBantams

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:Well I need to know how to sex them or will I have to beer sex them like pigeons ?
    I need to know there low temps, How aggressive are they during mating are they spring breeders or all year.

I just picked up two more couple days ago. the two new ones are supposed to be hens [​IMG], and if this is the case then judging by appearance I have four hens [​IMG]

The first two are supposed to be 4 to 5 months old. I would assume these new ones are close to that as well.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  7. Towman72gmc

Towman72gmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Males tend to have larger eye seres. Looks like you may have 2 hens. It's been a while (15years) since I had any so I may not be correct.

8. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    And I have 4 extra males.Wish you were closer,it's not worth shipping them.Yes the males have a bigger rougher seres around the eye.While the hens are smaller and smoother.Here's my new baby just out of the 2 days ago.And pics of male and females.[​IMG][​IMG]
    In N.H.,Tony.
    Quote:Well I need to know how to sex them or will I have to beer sex them like pigeons ?
    I need to know there low temps, How aggressive are they during mating are they spring breeders or all year.

I just picked up two more couple days ago. the two new ones are supposed to be hens [​IMG], and if this is the case then judging by appearance I have four hens [​IMG]

The first two are supposed to be 4 to 5 months old. I would assume these new ones are close to that as well.

Last edited: May 31, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by