My new duckling wont move and her eyes are droppy

istewart

Hatching
Apr 30, 2020
Hello
I'm a new duck owner. I recently got new ducklings as a surprise present from my boyfriend. Well one of my ducklings isn't moving around and her eyes are a little droppy like she is having problem keeping them open. I have been looking all trough this page to find a solution but I just don't know what else to do. She is in a luke warm bath. She wants to fall asleep. Her feet are barely touching the bottom of the tub but now she is swimming around. She has poop stuck to her feathers but I can't tell if she is constipated or what's wrong with her. I moved her away from the other duckling that I have just in case. Please help me. I don't want my little girl to be hurt.

New update, she is pooping and eating but she still won't get up. She keeps moving around but she doesn't wanna stand up

How old are they, did she act like this since you got her?
I would try giving her some electrolyte water.
Does she seem to be in pain, or unable to move her legs normally?

I'm not sure how old they are. They are over month old. No she didn't act when we first got her. She was energetic. She was acting like a happy duckling. She lightly quacks. She is eating and drinking fine but she won't move. I try to lift her up and make her walk which she tries to stand up by putting her bill on the floor to lift her up. When she tries to walk, she falls and just stays where she is. She swims fine when I put her in the water

Back
Top Bottom