My new flight pen/aviary!!!

Wowww!! That's perfect, a lot of thought and effort went into that and you know what they like :D it looks landscaped in a natural way, love the pots! Wouldn't be surprised if you get some broody girls if you let the eggs pile up a few days :D

I'm jealous of your good livestock guardian dog, hardware cloth can be pricey although it does go on sale at TSC. I prefer 1/4" so nothing can reach through or get through like snakes, mice, rats, hear a mink can get in an inch hole xD what I'm worried about here in Canada in the city are mainly raccoons, possum and skunk :p

Oh and definitely Hawks - a Cooper's hawk set up a nest like 100 feet away and actually hasn't tried our chickens once.... But feel it's the same hawk that would try and swoop at my smaller birds being rehabilitated in the aviary - even when we were several feet away with my big orange dog :mad:

Hope it's babies don't get too hungry because our chickens are free range... *squints at the hawk nest after her ramble* :p

This pen is great! Working on something similar will post pictures when done. Designing mine for quail too.

WARNING: If you get a broody the chicks will go right through the chicken wire, and get themselves in trouble.
I'd also pick up the petals and fallen leaves of that rhododendron when it blooms, It's not usually a pet/animal friendly plant and quail eat everything ^^

Back
Top Bottom