My new fuzzy butts! and a Q about litter.....

Oceanseve

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Guthrie, OK
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

6 buff orp, 6 austrolorps, and 6 ameracaunas
wee.gif

+ the 4 who knows what I got at the feed store because of my impatience......

yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So I've had them for two days now and after waking up to some poopy behinds decided to get rid of the paper towels... Its normal for them to peck and eat some shavings right? Its just if I go in there in a couple hours and they are still eating it that I should cover it again, right?

Last edited:
Such cute babies
smile.png
I'm sooo looking forward to chick day in Indiana. I think it is Monday at Rural King. I have some coming the following week but really think I need to pick up three next week if they are a breed I'm not already getting.

I put down wood shavings and put paper towels over the wood shavings. They liked the design on the paper towels and play chase with each other with the more colorful parts. I also found it easier to clean each evening with the paper towels. I think it is totally up to you.

!Shkittles! :

love.gif
!!CUTE CHICKS!!
love.gif

hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
Question why do you have little rocks in the red and white waterer?
hu.gif
hu.gif

so the chicks dont drown i know it sounds stupid but it is true also it helps keep other stuff from getting in their water​

Quote:
so the chicks dont drown i know it sounds stupid but it is true also it helps keep other stuff from getting in their water

Yep, its to keep the water shallow enough that no one gets too wet or drowns.

I guess so long as I don't wake up to any deaths in the morning we are alright.... though my yellow ameraucana seems to be a little off since I got her, she was one with poopy bottom this morning, probably the worst of them.... not sure if she'll make it...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom