My new girl

Caligirl2

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
Temecula, So Cali
Just got my first cream legbar and am chicken proud so want to share. She is about 2 months. Got her at Chickens Galore for a mere $20. She is quite a character. href="https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6591158/">

Last edited:
Just got my first cream legbar and am chicken proud so want to share. She is about 2 months. Got her at Chickens Galore for a mere $20. She is quite a character and I know we'll have fun. Love her comb!

Unfortunately that is not a female Cream Legbar. What you have there is a young cockerel.

Last edited:
Cream Legabrs are auto sexing, meaning you can sex them as soon as they hatch. The seller A)either doesn't know anything about the breed they are selling or B)knowingly sold you a cockerel.

Here is a group pic of Cream Legbar chicks 4 females with chipmunk markings and 1 male with a white head spot

This is a pic of male and female Cream Legbar chicks female on left male on right

Here is a picture of a slightly older male and female Cream legbar pair of chicks female on left male on right

And a Cream Legbar pullet beside 3 Cream Legbar males female on left 3 males in the center

And this is a roughly 2 month old Cream Legbar pullet

Last edited:
Don't feel like a dummy. Cream Legbars are a relatively new breed to the U.S. and we are all still learning about them. He will make a handsome rooster and will pass on the blue egg gene to his offspring if you decided to keep him.

Last edited:
Thank you. Beginner mistake! I'm new to the chicken world but quickly learning. You're probably right that the breeder doesn't know too much about legbars. I am going to try to exchange him for a her. Hate to do it, but he is already clashing with my one other roo and my flock is too small for two!
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom