My New Hampshire has been dropping pieces of shelless egg throughout the day.

She didn't lay a whole shelless egg, but has been dropping pieces of egg white and yolk randomly all day today. I found small puddles of egg all over the coop that the rest of the girls were feasting on. The New Hampshire, Cheesey Poof, is the one chicken I have who lays shelless eggs, and today it wasn't the normal 'whole egg without the shell'. I don't have pictures of the puddles, because the girls gobbled it all up, but any methods/herbs/products you think might help, please tell me.
I noticed this
She's doing fine today. No more dropping free snacks for the rest of the flock. 🤣
Thank you for all your help!
I too have been noticing that same problem. Shell less eggs or just a puddle of yolk in the nesting box. What did you do to help your hen? And did it work?

I too have been noticing that same problem. Shell less eggs or just a puddle of yolk in the nesting box. What did you do to help your hen? And did it work?
Somebody actually commented that same exact thing on my profile today in the early morning! Shelless eggs must be a thing these days...

I gave my hen crushed egg shells and oyster shell, then I emptied a poultry safe magnesium packet in her water (if your other hens drink from that water, it won't hurt them at all!) That seemed to help her out with it, but my hen's issue is chronic, so the problem never really went away.

Good luck with your hen!

Back
Top Bottom