My new hatch: 2nd hatch of 2nd gen (2.2)

Omg I love the white wing dark body one in the last pic! So beautiful!
With my solid reds, I noticed that the male is a richer and darker red than the 2 hens, and his chest is darker red than the rest of him. If this logic holds with reds offspring, then I think I may have 1 male and 1 female red range tux, the 2 similar looking Egyptians look like they have some orange growing in on their chests, so I’m thinking they are both males, which makes every single wild pattern bird I’ve hatched a male! I need an Egyptian hen because I want to breed toward Egyptian tux.

Pips and zips!

D041EFD4-30B8-4373-BD7E-FD128F55007C.jpeg

10 pipped so far!

I set some eggs Thursday, amid the excitement and stress of dealing with the runt, and did I mention my dog went into heat the day the eggs hatched? haha when it rains it pours, right?

anyway, I’m just now getting around to starting my new hatch thread :)

View attachment 2283673
These are from my tuxes and Tiger Millionaire my pharaoh tux. I’m hoping to get some heavily white tuxes, and other pied varieties. The hens are 3 Tibetans and a Rosetta. I have 15 eggs all together, 3 are my weird matte blue eggs from mystery donors.

Oh my! They are gorgeous! I can look at them for the whole day

I’m up to 6 chicks now, 3 Rosetta messy tuxes which came from those dark blue matte eggs I keep hatching haha. Then from my 11 tux eggs, 3 hatched and they are 2 rosetta tuxes and a pharaoh tux. The other 8 eggs are pipped. I had to remove the chicks because the first born tried to jump into the strawberry container with the with the dark eggs, and got stuck half way over. Luckily I was here to save it haha, in 3 batches he’s the first to get over the side from either direction.

6AA7D821-44DD-4C8B-A24C-4BE8508C3255.jpeg

there’s 5 in there, ones underneath

Back
Top Bottom