My new Key West Chickens

~SunSetsWest~

Songster
14 Years
Jul 20, 2008
Central, Fl.
Last week I picked up a young trio of Key West Chickens complete with the certificate from the Mayor, I really like these guys but they are SO different from the Oprs, very tall, lean and fast, I just let them out to free range a bit today for the first time, I was a nervous wreck hoping they would choose coop over trees at night
fl.gif
, they did
clap.gif
.. The pic's aren't great but they are not very willing to hang out for the camera
idunno.gif

Picture936.jpg

Picture900.jpg

Look at the legs on this guy
Picture937.jpg

Picture905.jpg

Those are soooooo kewl- I want some too! everytime I see a new breed I want it though-LOL
so what do they cost to adopt and ship? DOyou get any choice in color or anything? I think that is so awesome.Maybe this Spring I can talk DH into more...

OK, This is right off the Certificate Of Authenticity: This certifies that this Key West free range Rooster is a decendant of the Spanish fighting game cooks, arriving in Cuba in the 15th century, The spanish fighting game cooks migrated to Key West with the early Cuban immigrants, where their decendants continue to reside today.:

These birds are cool and spunky but not aggresive, they are great brooders, when I went and picked them up there was a hen who had taken over an old stall and put her nest in a feed bucket, she moved when we walked through, but only to the door where she made it all to clear that it was time to push on through and get out of her stall, but she was never agressive with us, just loud and determined. And yes they come in a veritable rainbow of colors

I saw the Key West chickens when I took my granddaughter there last summer. I loved eating in outside restaurants with chickens hanging around for treats. Soooo cool!! Did you get these through the Chicken Store or how? You got some real beauts for sure!!!

Back
Top Bottom