My New 'Lil Buttons - *Pics*

awesomefowl - Thanks, she is a 4 y/o female Shih-Zue.
smile.png

Mrs. FluffyPuffy....
I'm new to quail, me and my ag teach are going to raise some corturnix, but I was wanting to have some personal ones, and I just love Buddy... What breed is he???

Delta,

They are Chinese Blue Breasted "Button" Quail...the smallest quail of the world and quite unique
smile.png
Buddy is a normal red breasted, a color variety of the Chinese Blue Breasted, a naturally occuring color in the wild...sadly the buttons are becoming extinct in the wild so we must take care of these little ones before we lose them as well with colonizing and not caring for them correctly.

There are many of us who sell Button quail hatching eggs. Button quail is just a nickname for the bird. Some people refer to them as Chinese Painted Quail as well. I specialize in these little boogers, as well as the Coturnix. You just need to do your reading before you obtain
wink.png

I understand, I still have 2 weeks to make a decision, but( just asking) what would be your prices OR suggestions on other people on the hatching eggs, juviniles, or anything like that. And I do like this bird, and my mum will like them to, if I get them, but they are as cute as "buttons".
P.S. I have a huge metal A-frame I built this fall, with a large run area.... would this be a sutiable area for them??

Deminsions- A-frame- base-10'-9'--11' high
Run- base- 9'-6'--4' high CAN BE EXTENDED BY ALOT

Also... Do you need a licence to own and breed them???

Last edited:
Quote:
For button quail, they are TINY, very finch like. They do great in parakeet style aviary cages with no wire bottoms (bad for feet), or hamster cages. They are known as bottom feeders for finches, doves, parakeets but still need a diet of their own.

No license needed to own these boogers but it's nice to have records of bloodlines and keep records of them for breeding.

Quote:
For button quail, they are TINY, very finch like. They do great in parakeet style aviary cages with no wire bottoms (bad for feet), or hamster cages. They are known as bottom feeders for finches, doves, parakeets but still need a diet of their own.

No license needed to own these boogers but it's nice to have records of bloodlines and keep records of them for breeding.

Thank you for the info, im already learning alto about them, and I'm the kind of person who does like to keep records..
big_smile.png

Now... just to find some hatching eggs....
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom