My New 'Lil Buttons - *Pics*

Quote:
For button quail, they are TINY, very finch like. They do great in parakeet style aviary cages with no wire bottoms (bad for feet), or hamster cages. They are known as bottom feeders for finches, doves, parakeets but still need a diet of their own.

No license needed to own these boogers but it's nice to have records of bloodlines and keep records of them for breeding.

Actually you'd have to check in your area if you need a license for these. I don't think Texas requires one, but other states, like Massachusetts and New York, require a permit to own ANY type of quail, even buttons
smile.png

Quote:
For button quail, they are TINY, very finch like. They do great in parakeet style aviary cages with no wire bottoms (bad for feet), or hamster cages. They are known as bottom feeders for finches, doves, parakeets but still need a diet of their own.

No license needed to own these boogers but it's nice to have records of bloodlines and keep records of them for breeding.

Actually you'd have to check in your area if you need a license for these. I don't think Texas requires one, but other states, like Massachusetts and New York, require a permit to own ANY type of quail, even buttons
smile.png

I checked park and game, it's only the native ones that you need a license for, so does any one have eggs??.... for future refrance.

awesomefowl - I have a few "Shelf Breeder Pens" I got some small shelves and put small wire cloth on the front and put wooden peices in between each shelf to make 6 pens, instead of just 3. Then I put doors on the sides. I'm going to need a few more - since I hatched some out.

My three eggs that were due today have all pipped! There is a Pied ( from Angel ) and Silver Blue Faced egg and another Golden Pearl egg..think.

Shelf Breeder Pens ( 6 Pens )
47807_breeding_pens_-_d_9.jpg

47807_breeding_pens_-_d_8.jpg

47807_breeding_pens_-_d_7.jpg

47807_breeding_pens_-_d_5.jpg

47807_breeding_pens_-_d_6.jpg

Some other cages I made using old dog/rabbit cages and screwn cloth.
47807_dkdkd.jpg

I have completly switched over to using the rodent water bottles and the parakeet feeders - These pics were taken back in the Summer ( 2010 ).

Thanks - If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks~

Back
Top Bottom