My new Muscovy Drake, Sully *New Pics Pg3*

Oooo I would go with #1 all the way.
big_smile.png

Bleenie, I like #1 better. I don't like the fact that #2 has drakes that are fighting and killing each other. I think I would stay away from that kind of temperment.

I wish I could find some muscovy's around here. But 5 of my 6 muscovy eggs are fertile! YAY!!!

Laurie

I'd go with # 1 also. Being he is also a bit smaller & younger. He'd probably learn to get along better w/Sidney. And you're right, Bleenie, his coloring is going to match well with your new girls. I have read along w/you that there could be a genetic predisposition towards angel wing w/higher protien levels possibly triggering it, sooooo I think that's another strike against #2. esp. if #2 has had quite a bit of it in his flock.

The guy said that about 2 in each clutch have had it... and when i asked mroe about it he said it was only the smallest ones that got it, but the boy in the pic doesn't look like he was a very small baby! lol.

The amount of babies that he said had the deformity was kind of like "WOW" to me, seems like a lot, especially in each clutch.

The guy said that about 2 in each clutch have had it... and when i asked mroe about it he said it was only the smallest ones that got it, but the boy in the pic doesn't look like he was a very small baby! lol.

Hmmmm, I'd probably steer clear of getting any fm him unless there was one you "just had to have." You are taking a chance getting one as a breeder w/that kind of track record. You can strap the wings if they start showing evidence of angel wing but if you're selling them off really young..........hmm.

I had a TON (60) of ducklings last year and not a single one developed angel wing. The lady I got my Scovies fm didn't have any sign of angle wing in her flock. I gave mine plenty of protien with lots of foraging for bugs, chick starter 24/7, snacks of peas, plus Avia Charge 2000 every day.​

Last edited:
OMG! The 2.5hr drive was SO worth it! This boy is a total sweetie & gorgeous coloring! I also saw his daddy when i got him...
th.gif
that guy was HUGE, I have honestly never seen a Muscovy that big, he was beautiful & if i had to guess, he must have weighed close to 30lbs!!! He makes Sidney look like a HEN! Soaking wet Pebbles immediately took a liking to him and was nibbling him all over, lol. I think he will settle in very quickly.

I'm in looove, I really hope he gets close to his daddy's size.. He's already as big as Sidney(& only 7 months old!)

Here's the new boy: of course i will be getting better pics tomorrow
smile.png

100_5972.JPG

100_5975.JPG

100_5968.JPG

ETA: Please excuse the mucky pen & wet duck(lol). Haven't gotten to the feed store since i cleaned it out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom