My new Muscovy Drake, Sully *New Pics Pg3*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Since Sidney's paralyzing incident, he's been a little screwy. Since everyones started breeding recently I have been a bit worried about him being able to take care of 10+ girls by himself. I've been looking into getting another boy but havent found one to my liking until these two.

What do you guys think of these boys?

#1: They said daddy weighs in close to 20lbs, hes ENORMOUS & hard to pick up, but a gentle giant
smile.png
(swapping for a hen)

This guy is currently only about 5months old!!
e1cgoy.jpg

#2: Nicely colored birds, none fo the available ones have Angel wing but I am a little worried about it passing on.. from what i've read online about it there is a possibility that it is heretitary(sp?). does anyone know? ($15)
292qhk7.jpg

Last edited:
WHAT HAPPENED TO SYDNEY?!?! How did I miss this??

And do you have a picture of the giant drake next to another duck? I think that would be cool to see! The second picture isnt working for me right now but hte first boy is REALLY prettY!

Sid's fine now, just goofy & wobbly still. I'm still not sure what happened but he couldnt walk for over a week & got really pale. He had to be kept on the back porch with a heat light and got lots of extra vitamins.

I think #1 would fit best with the rest of mine, color wise anyway. #2's owner said he's had drakes kill eachother so I am REALLY leaning towards #1.

Here's a picture of #1 by daddy. you can tell a little that dad's pretty thick through the body but it is only a side view. His feet are pretty humongous too! his neck also looks huge, lol.
ok3iqc.jpg

WOW! Look at that monster! I think id bring number one home just because of the size, but now that you mention temperment of number two's birds... Id go with number one as well. Still cant see number too , lol, but thats ok. Number one is GORGEOUS!

And I dont know how i missed the sid thing! He is one of my fav BYC birds!!

I read a couple places online that said it's possible that it might be genetic, and with as many as he said he had it just worries me.
Plus the temperment thing, I have never had a drake seriously hurt any duck, let alone kill. and it'll be cheaper for me to just swap, lol.

I'm kind of partial to #1's lighter coloring too, i think he might fit in better with the rest, especially the new blue, white head girls i recently got.

Just waiting on one last opinion here, she'll hopefully be here soon!

thanks guys.
smile.png

i like number one
smile.png
number two is quite pretty, but id be worried that his drakes hurt and kill each other, while the other one comes from a gentle giant. i'd take the gentle giant
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom