My New Paint Silkies

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
Well, I recently had a very disappointing run at incubating, which resulted in 0/24 hatches. However, I did find some paint silkies that I love! I now have chickens!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
I believe I have a hen and rooster, and a young pullet and cockerel. I hope to add a few nice quality black silkie hens later. There is one young black silkie that came with them, but she(wishful thinking?) seems a little quiet, so I have her quarantined from the others at the moment to keep an eye on her.
There are some pot bellied pigs and their toys in the pictures, since I put the chickens in the pig pen temporarily until I could complete the final touches to make their new home secure - and also just because they're fun. Pigs and poultry... Does it get any more cute?
henandrooster2.jpg

silkies.jpg

piggiessleep.jpg

paintpullet.jpg

Lucyandchickens.jpg

paints.jpg

cockerel.jpg

painthen.jpg

What do you think of my new silkies?

Thanks for the compliments! Silkies are the only chickens I've ever wanted. They are just so darn cute. I'm delighted to finally have some. There's something about a chicken that looks like it was crossed with a Pomeranian that makes it irresistable for me!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom