My new parakeet Hates my old one!?

chickenmama109

Crowing
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi everyone! Most of you have been seeing my posts about my new parakeet! Well I went and got a male for my female and she loves him to death! She keeps trying to groom him but my new bird just pecks her in the face and try’s to get away! :hit I feel so bad because my female has wanted a friend for a while and I finally got her one yesterday and he hates her! I seen him grooming another female at the pet store could it be he already had a mate!? How do I get him to like her?

25chickens

Songster
Nov 19, 2019
NW New Jersey
Don't worry. He will warm up to her eventually. Feed them treats such as spray millet together, so they can get used to each other. It has only been a day, just give them time to get used to each other. I saw your previous post, he sure is a handsome little guy! I'm just glad the female likes him, you were worried she would hate him.

chickenmama109

Crowing
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Don't worry. He will warm up to her eventually. Feed them treats such as spray millet together, so they can get used to each other. It has only been a day, just give them time to get used to each other. I saw your previous post, he sure is a handsome little guy! I'm just glad the female likes him, you were worried she would hate him.
Thanks! Yes I was lol she has always been shy and a little aggressive when she hears other birds! I was very surprised when she started grooming him! I thought for sure the other bird would like her more the she liked him:lol: but I guess it’s the others way around!

Top Bottom