My new Roo Alabaster his bath, Update on him

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
Thank you BYC member Birch Run Farm it was not easy getting him here but he arrived saftely last week and got his bath today. I am sick and my wonderful sister took ds for the night and should be in bed but I have a huge list of stuff to do and Alabaster's bath was at the top and made me feel better. I blew dried him until he was 80-85% dry and then he was bored with it lol. He is back in his cage with a heat lamp, I cant wait until his quarantine is done!

He even got to crow for my SG and silkies whom I have decided to keep in the kitchen for the next 2 weeks so they will get more used to my ds and I.

Anyway here he is in during and after. Isnt he beautiful I just love him and so sweet too!

100_2256.jpg

100_2254.jpg

100_2264.jpg

Last edited:
He is magnificent! I want a rumpless! DF thinks they're not pretty.

Your boy is beautiful. How did he tolerate his bath? I have two EE bantams hens that are perma-muddy from our wet winter.

Alabaster definitely loves attention! How did he like the hair dryer? He's a good boy and will take good care of any girls you give him. Just give them time to visit between a fence for awhile and then put him out with them. There will be some squabling but it will work out.

I've never had a grumpy araucana, maybe because most don't have tails, but the boys generally get along with each other pretty well.

I am sure he can't wait for his quarentine to be over either!

he seemed to love his bath and the blow dryer I think he is a great roo and love him very much already. I have 3 rumpless araucanas pipping right now so by summer he should have some friends his own kind. Until then I know he will be happy with my ladies they are all very sweet
smile.png

Well Alabaster survived his quarantine with no issues what so ever and is happily amongst all 12 lovely ladies. He is a little rough with them and some are balding, lol but dont seem to mind, I am hoping he gets the swing of things soon. They did however pick his tuffs off lol so now he is sort of tuffless but still quiet handsome. I hold him and pet him everyday and he is around my ds and a perfect gentleman, I am very happy with him and think he is as well.

Back
Top Bottom