My new rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FrogGurr, Sep 12, 2014.

1. FrogGurr

FrogGurr Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2014
    Any on have a clue what my rooster could be?[​IMG]

2. FrogGurr

Aug 1, 2014
    Also, are these girls truely Ameraucanas?[​IMG]

3. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I know what he is.......................................

......................................................................He is gorgeous!

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Your cockerel is either a blue laced or splash laced red Wyandotte. Hard to say what breed the chicks are as many breeds have that chick down pattern. Though I suspect both could be Easter Eggers (what hatcheries call Americanas). Depends on what leg color and comb type they have.

5. I believe your rooster is a blue laced red Wyandotte.

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    He looks like a Splashed Laced Wyandotte (the blue in Blue Laced Red Wyandottes doesn't breed true, giving splash birds in additon to the BLRW). If you breed a splash to a splash you will get 100% blues.

7. Cowgirl71

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks

If you got them from a hatchery or feed store then they are probably Easter Eggers. They are definitely Easter Eggers if they have willow green legs. A true Ameraucana has blue slate legs. Easter Eggers can have blue slate legs too, so if they do have blue legs that doesn't make them Ameraucanas. Post pics again when they're feathered in at 8 weeks or so and we can tell you male or female, EE or Ameraucana.

8. FrogGurr

Aug 1, 2014
    Thanks all! We did get the chicks from a feed store. According to them they are pullets. The sales clerks said 99% guarantee. I will post more pix of them at a layer date.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on Splashed Laced Wyandotte rooster, and the two chicks are both Easter Eggers (the greenish tint to the legs is easy to see when the picture is blown up). EEs are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs they lay. :eek:)

10. Cowgirl71

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    x2

Yes, you're right, they're EE. I'm seeing the green legs too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by