My new seramas PIC warning

Thanks!!! Any color help with the "birchen" pullets actual genotype/color would be a big help. I'd like to isolate the e- allele while I'm doing this. Just keep sorting over the generations.

Yeah, the PQ boys are colorful. And really fairly sweet despite little handling.

The little trio of mottleds are still in the house. Can't wait to see them grow out. And eggs to hatch this weekend and he gave me 25 more eggs, yesterday. LOL

I just might end up with more than a few seramas lol. Gonna have to get some of the boys gone just for room.

Glad you're back online bluegrass, missed you.

Even if the pullet isn't birchen, birchen boy to her, then birchen boy to her pullet offspring and I'll be going in the right direction... hmmm need another house and pen... LOL. Probably after winter at this point. I want heat in the banty shack for the winter where they can ALL get at it if need be.

FINALLY remembered while the rain stopped!
Here she is. Tell me if she is birchen(?) please. Sorry if misspelled!
tongue.png

Thanks!
FairWinner.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Good question. They could be e+, e^b or wheaten E^Wh based.
The black could come from diverse melanizers like Melanotic Ml.
If her breast is salmon, not buff, she could lack the columbian factor.
If she were a male that would mean black breasted instead of gold/buff breasted.
Quail is thought to harbour the columbian factor, their males are gold/buff breasted.

Back
Top Bottom